Cheshire East Councillor for Poynton East & Pott Shrigley Ward
Jos Saunders has been a Councillor since May 2011 and works very closely with her fellow Conservative Cheshire East Councillor, Howard Murray.
About Jos Saunders:
- · Family: Poynton resident for 16 years. Married to Mark, 2 children.
- · Interests and influences: Travel and good food and wine. Scuba diving and watching Manchester United (win!).
- · Education and Training: Educated in Bournemouth. Qualified as a Nurse at Charing Cross Hospital. Additional qualifications in Intensive Care, Teaching and Assessing and Business Management.
- · Worked on a General Medical Ward at Charing Cross prior to becoming a Ward Manager in Cardiology at St. Marys Hospital Paddington.
- · Nurse Manager of all Cardiac Services at St. Marys. Hospital.
- · Manager of both the Western Eye Hospital and the Samaritan Hospital for Women.
- · Moved to Poynton in 1998 - Husband appointed as Consultant at The Christie. I became a Data Manager for Clinical Trials at the Christie.
Selected Community Contribution
- · Advisor for the Citizens Advice Bureau (C.A.B)
- · Magistrate, Chairman of both Adult and Youth Courts, currently a Lay Judge in the Family Courts.
- · 7 years ago launched the C.A.B service in Poynton. Secured £14k per year for its funding ever since.
- · Secured the rapid response vehicle from North West Ambulance Service based in Poynton.
- · Launched the Poynton Town Council Home Services Scheme
- · Led the initiative to secure the P1 bus service.
- · Secured £10k funding for the Adult and Well Being coordinator
- · Secured £68k funding for the Shop Mobility Scheme and 2 Mini buses, including funding for an Administrator.
- · Town Councillor: 8 years, Currently Chairman of COPS
- · Cheshire East Councillor:
- o 3 years Deputy Chairman of Health Scrutiny,
- o Chairman of Poynton Area Partnerships.